Hi all If you are using BSNL Wifi modem then it might be useful for you. At first it saves your modem from overheating & power usage (if you’re not using wireless connection), then it avoids any unauthorised usage from your account. Someone can use your broadband if it is in Enabled state. You have to disable it or restrict it using MAC filter.
Find below the steps for disabling Wireless LAN in Modem/router (DNA-A211-1) provided by BSNL.
1. Type http://192.168.1.1/ in the browser address bar and click ‘Go’/press Enter.
3. Click ” Wireless “ in the left side menu.
For enabling Wifi again follow first 3 steps then click the check box ” Enable Wifi ” and save & apply. Note that this will disable wireless Lan completely. Suppose if you want to enable Wireless Lan only for specific computer or for your laptop you can do it by following below steps.
1. Do first 3 steps in the above mentioned procedure. And make sure that “Enable Wireless” is checked.
2. click “MAC filter”.
3. choose “Allow” for MAC Restrict Mode.
4. Click “Add”.
5. Enter MAC address of your laplop/computer and then click “Save/Apply”.
If you don’t know the MAC address, follow below steps to know MAC address.
1. Type “cmd” in Start->Run to open command prompt.
2. In command prompt type ipconfig/all.
3. look for physical address in the response for ipconfig/all.
4. The physical address will be a 12 digit alphanumeric having hypen in between them. Replace the hypen with colon (:) when entering it as MAC address in bsnl modem/router.
Note To change the password click the ” security tab ” in the left panel above MAC filter and type your new password instead of given one.