A Brief History of FIFA World Cup
- In Which year FIFA world cup was started?
- What is the weight of FIFA gold world cup ?
FIFA HONOURS LIST
|4 1950||BRAZIL||URUGUAY (NO/F) (2)|
|8 1966||ENGLAND||ENGLAND (1)|
|13 1986||MEXICO||ARGENTINA (2)|
|14 1990||ITALY||GERMANY (3)|
|16 1998||FRANCE||FRANCE ( 1)|
|17 2002||JAPAN&S.KOREA||BRAZIL (5)|
|18 2006||GERMANY||ITALY (4)|
|19 2010||SOUTHAFRICA||SPAIN (1)|
3) ESTERIDO DE CENTARINO in masterido (URUGUAY) was a first stadium to conduct the first WORLD CUP in 1930;
4) Which COLOMBIAN defender who was killed for his own GOAL against ARGENTINA?
Ans: ANDRES ESCOBAR
5) What is the award given to the outstanding player of the FIFA WORLD CUP
Ans: GOLDEN BALL
6) What is the award given to the most Scorer of the FIFA WORLD CUP?
Ans: GOLDEN BOOT
7) What is the height of GOAL POAST in Football?
8) In 1950 there was no final in the ‘WORLD CUP’ Football match
URUGUAY win the final
9) In 2006 FIFA world cup SWEEDEN player ALLBACK scored the fifa world cup2000 GOAL Against ENGLAND.
10) In 1966 FIFA world cup ‘ GOLDEN CUP’ was stolen by someone and it was put into the Garbage who find out the cup.
Ans: The dog whose name was “The PICKLE”.
11) Who invented the penalty shoot_out & which year who invented it?
Ans: CARL VALT (1982)
12) Which is the award given to the best player in FIFA world cup?
Ans: LEV YASHIN
13)What is the meaning of ‘PODOSFERO’ in Greek?
- Where was the 1986 World Cup held?
- Who was the last player to captain England before David Beckham?
Ans: Martin Keown
- What football club did Gordon Banks play for when he won his 1966 World Cup medal?
Ans: Leicester City
- Fill in the missing name in this sequence of England managers: Ramsey, Mercer, Revie, ? ,
Ans: Robson. Ron Greenwood (1977-82)
- Which of these players never scored a hat-trick for England: Bobby Charlton, Gary Lineker, Paul Scholes, Luther Blissett, Teddy Sheringham, Alan Shearer?
Ans: Teddy Sheringham
- England coaches Sammy Lee and Ray Clemence played together at which club?
- How many places were allocated to African teams for the 2006 World Cup?
- What did all these players win between 1989 and 1997: Paul Merson, Matt Le Tissier, Lee Sharpe, Ryan Giggs, Andy Cole, Robbie Fowler and David Beckham?
Ans: The (PFA) Young Player of the Year award, 1989-97
- Aside from goalkeepers, which two England captains since 1966 never scored their country?
Ans: Mick Mills and Trevor Cherry.
- Which of these players never captained England’s senior team: Peter Beardsley, Paul Ince, David Seaman, Bobby Charlton, Gordon Banks?
Ans: Gordon Banks
- Who was England’s football manager in the 1970 World Cup?
Ans: Sir Alf Ramsey
- How many players in England’s 2006 World Cup squad were also in the 1998 squad& name them?
Ans: Five – Sol Campbell, Gary Neville, David Beckham, Michael Owen and Rio Ferdinand
- Which manager first appointed David Beckham as England captain?
Ans: Peter Taylor (for Taylor’s one match in charge as caretaker manager, versus Italy in November 2000)
- Who was the first player to play for England who had not been born when England won the world cup in 1966?
Ans: Tony Adams
- What was the score after extra time before England lost on penalties to Portugal in the quarter final of the European Championship in June 2004?
Ans: 2-2 (Portugal won the penalty shoot-out 6-5)
- In what World Cup did the England goals by Mariner, Robson and Francis feature in games against France, Czechoslovakia and Kuwait?
Ans: Spain 1982
- Who was England’s first national team manager?
Ans: Walter Winterbottom (1946-63)
- Whose injury made way for Geoff Hurst in England’s 1966 World Cup team?
Ans: Jimmy Greaves
- Who was the first defender to captain England after Bobby Moore?
Ans: Emlyn Hughes
- What football club did Bobby Charlton play for when he won his 1966 World Cup medal?
Ans: Manchester United
- Who was the first £100,000 (or above) football transfer?
Ans: Dennis Law (from Manchester City to Torino, for £110,000, 1961)
- What decade was the white ball legalised in football?
Ans: 1950’s (1950)
- What did these players all win between 1963 and 1968: Lev Yashin, Dennis Law, Eusebio, Bobby Charlton, Florian Albert and George Best?
Ans: European Footballer of the Year award (from 1963-1968)
- Who was the first football transfer over £100,000 between English clubs?
Ans: Alan Ball (from Blackpool to Everton in 1966)
- Where and when were the three World Cup tournaments that England failed to qualify for after 1966?
Ans: West Germany 1974, Argentina 1978 and USA 1994
- Where was the 1962 World Cup held?
- Who were England’s full backs in the 1966 World Cup Final?
Ans: Ray Wilson and George Cohen
- Who was the first £1m football transfer between English clubs?
Ans: Trevor Francis (from Birmingham to Nottingham Forest in 1979)
- What football club did Bobby Moore play for when he won his 1966 World Cup medal?
Ans: West Ham United
- Bobby Moore and Billy Wright share the record for the number of games as England captain with 90 each. At the start of the 2006 World Cup which player captained England the most times aside from Moore and Wright?
Ans: Bryan Robson (65 times from 1982-91)
- Who was the first £2m football transfer between English clubs?
Ans: Paul Gasgoigne (from Newcastle to Tottenham in 1988)
- What height and width is a football goal?
Ans: Eight feet high (2.4m) and eight yards wide (7.3m)
- What football club did Jackie Charlton play for when he won his 1966 World Cup medal?
Ans: Leeds United
- Who, according to FIFA regulations, was responsible for supplying the footballs for the 2006 World Cup qualifying stage games?
Ans: The host football association, ie., Germany (incidentally FIFA supplies the balls for the final competition)
- In what decade was England’s first national team manager appointed?
Ans: 1940’s (1946 – Walter Winterbottom)
- What football club did Roger Hunt play for when he won his 1966 World Cup medal?
- In what World Cups did Bryan Robson appear?
Ans: 1982, 1986 and 1990
- What is the minimum rest period between two games for any team at the 2006 World Cup according to FIFA competition rules?
Ans: 48 hours
- Which 1970 World Cup England striker retired to run a successful West Midlands window cleaning business?
Ans: Jeff Astle
- Fill in the missing name in this sequence of England managers: Taylor, Venables, Hoddle, ? ,
Ans: Keegan. Howard Wilkinson (caretaker manager in 1999 and 2000)
- Who were England’s three goalkeepers in the 1982 World Cup?
Ans: Ray Clemence, Peter Shilton, and ……. Joe Corrigan (of Manchester City)
- What did all of these players win between 1995 and 1999: Jurgen Klinsmann, Eric Cantona, Gian Franco Zola, Dennis Bergkamp and David Ginola?
Ans: Winners of the English Football Player of the Year award (Football Writer’s Player of the Year, 1995-99)
- What football club did Nobby Stiles play for when he won his 1966 World Cup medal?
Ans: Manchester United
- Which past England captain is the only player in English football to have captained an English Football League-winning club in three different decades?
Ans: Tony Adams
- How many places were allocated to European teams for the 2006 World Cup, including the hosts Germany?
- Who appeared most times for England and how many times?
Ans: Peter Shilton, 125 caps
- Between the 1966 and 2006 World Cups only four England captains have played for three different clubs while captaining their country, who are they?
Ans: Paul Ince (Manchester United/Inter Milan/Liverpool), David Platt
(Juventus/Sampdoria/Arsenal), Kevin Keegan
(Liverpool/Hamburg/Southampton) and, wait for it …… Peter Shilton
- What football club did Geoff Hurst play for when he won his 1966 World Cup medal?
Ans: West Ham United
- What decade was the crossbar introduced in Football?
Ans: 1870’s (1875)
- Who broke his neck in the 1956 FA Cup Final?
Ans: Bert Trautmann of Manchester City
- Who was the first football transfer over £10m between English clubs?
Ans: Alan Shearer (Blackburn to Newcastle in 1996)
- Who replaced David Seaman as England’s third choice goalkeeper in the 1990 World Cup squad after Seaman injured his thumb in training?
Ans: Dave Beasant (of Wimbledon)
- Where was the 1978 World Cup held?
- FIFA’s 2006 World Cup rules dictate a squad size of how many players?
- In what World Cup did Mark Hateley and Gary Lineker wear the 9 and 10 shirts?
- What did each of these players win between 1996 and 2000: Matthias Sammer, Ronaldo, Zinedine Zedane, Rivaldo, and Luis Figo?
Ans: European Footballer of the Year award (from 1996-2000)
- Where was the 1998 World Cup held?
- Who was the first black footballer to win a full England cap?
Ans: Viv Anderson, 1978
- What football club did Martin Peters play for when he won his 1966 World Cup medal?
Ans: West Ham United
- Which manager took England to the semi-final of the world cup in 1990?
Ans: Bobby Robson
- Whose last game as manager of England was a 0-0 draw away to Portugal in 1974?
Ans: Sir Alf Ramsey
- It is said that an international football match in 1969 started a war between which two nations in the central Americas?
Ans: El Salvador v Honduras
- What football club did George Cohen play for when he won his 1966 World Cup medal?
- How many medals will be awarded to each of the first, second and third placed teams at the 2006 World Cup?
Ans: Forty-five – that’s 45 to each team. Amazing – who gets them all? If you know please tell me..
- Who were England’s four successful penalty takers in the winning 4-2 penalty shoot-out against Spain in the Euro-96 Championship quarter-final at Wembley?
Ans: Shearer, Platt, Pearce, and Gascoigne (also the first four successful penalty takers in the next round versus Germany – Sheringham was the next to score against Germany; Southgate’s penalty was saved and Germany won 6-5 to go through to the Euro-96 final)
- What football club did Ray Wilson play for when he won his 1966 World Cup medal?
- Which team did England beat in the 1990 World Cup when Gary Lineker’s second successful penalty of the game gave England victory in extra time?
- What football club did Alan Ball play for when he won his 1966 World Cup medal?
Ans: Blackpool (he transferred to Everton in August 1966 for a then record fee of £110,000.)
- In the event of a team failing to fulfil or complete a match at the 2006 World Cup Final tournament, what is the score awarded to the other team by the organising committee?
Ans: 3-0 (or greater if the score was greater at the time of the withdrawal)
- Who scored England’s dying seconds winner against Belgium in the 1990 World Cup?
Ans: David Platt
- How many managers had been in charge of the England football team before Alf Ramsey?
Ans: Just one (Walter Winterbottom).
- Who was England’s goalkeeper in the losing game against Germany in the 1970 World Cup?
Ans: Peter Bonetti
- Who was Everton’s representative in England’s 1966 World Cup winning team?
Ans: Ray Wilson
- Where are the headquarters of FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association)?
Ans: Zurich, Switzerland.