July, 22 , 2012
biNu Quiz :
1) In what month did the ancient Olympics take place?
2) How many days did the ancient games usually last?
Ans: 5 Days
3) There were two types of horse races in Ancient Olympics. One used horses ridden by a single rider, bare back. What was the other type of horse race?
Ans: Chariot race
4) Name the person who has won the maximum number of total career gold medals (i.e., cumulative gold medals over a period of time) in the Olympics.
Ans: Michael Phelps
5) What was the only event held at the first Olympics in 776 BC ?
Ans: Stade [ The only event of the first Olympics in 776 was a 185 meter running race called the ‘Stade.’ The first winner was a cook from Greece named Koroibus. ]
Who am I?
1) At age 13 I formed a group of programmers known as ‘Lakeside programmers’ for programming school payroll system in Seattle and I left my college education from Harvard University during junior year end due to success of my project?
Ans: William Henry Gates III (Bill Gates)
2) I was the daughter of one of the leading Freedom fighters in India. My brother was also another important Nationalist leader. I was the first woman to be elected as president of UN General assembly in 1953?
Ans: Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit
3) In 1994 I was crowned most prestigious award in world(for women) that put me on the modeling business. I worked as a spokesmodel for pepsico,Vogue magazines etc.Now I’m working as a spokesmodel for L’oreal paris. Hollywood star Julia Roberts described me as ‘The most beautiful woman in the world’
Ans: Aishwarya Rai Bachan(Queen of Bollywood)
4) I was born on 2nd May1969.I shot into fame by scoring seven centuries in eight innings in England county championship. As a captain of my country I have won Champion trophy and reach the final another time. I am nick named as Prince.
Ans: Brian Charles Lara
1. The English Channel lies between England and which country?
2. Who was the main founder of the Theosophical Society?
Ans; Helena Petrovna Blavatsky
3. Mira Bai’s father-in-law was a prominent Rajput chieftain. What was his name?
Ans: Rana Sanga
4. The name Burma is associated with which Hindu God?
Ans: Lord Brahma
5. ‘Ficus Bengalensis’ is the scientific name of which tree?
Ans: The Banyan tree
6. Who was the first president of the Indian National Congress?
Ans: Womesh Chandra Banerjee (WC Banarjee)
7. Which is the day of the Jewish Sabbath?
8. Who was the author of the famous classic “Kapala Kundala”?
Ans:Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
9. Incas were a tribe that used to live in South America. Which was their capital?
Ans: Cusco (situated in Peru)
10. In English, if a word spells the same both forwards and backwards what is it called?
11. Mary Ann Evans was the actual name of which famous English novelist?
Ans: George Eliot
12. Which is the highest deity of worship in Zoroastrianism?
Ans: Ahura Mazda
13.What famous document begins: “When in the course of human events…”?
A: The Declaration of Independence.
14.What current branch of the U.S. military was a corps of only 50 soldiers when World War I broke out?
A: The U.S. Air Force.
15.What game was created by French mathematician Blaise Pascal, which he discovered when doing experiments into perpetual motion?
A: The Game of Roulette.
16.Who said: “I’m the president of the United States and I’m not going to eat any more broccoli”?
A: George Bush.
17.What so-called “war” spawned the dueling slogans “Better Dead Than RED” and “Better Red Than Dead” in the 1950’s?
A: The Cold War.
18.What president was shot while walking to California Governor Jerry Brown’ office?
A: Gerald Ford.
1)SOMNILOQUE means———Talking while in sleeping
2)Which staris nearest to our planet earth ?
Ans:PROXIMA CENTARIOUS(4.2 light years)
3) How many planet rotates in clockwise direction?
4) LACHNOPHOBIA means——-Fear about vegetables
5) Formic acid is produced from FORMICA (RED ANT).
6) Television was first discovered by JOHN.L.BAIRD.
7) In ROMAN What is the name of “GOD OF FLOWERS”?
8) In flight what is the name of Pilot’s place?
9) In which year Calcutta was converted into kolkatta?
10) Which river was called as Sorrow of Bihar?
11) What is the abbreviation ofWAPin mobile?
Ans: WIRELESS APPLICATION PROTOCOL
12) In which road U.Sstock exchangewas situated?
Ans: WALL STREET
13) Who was the first prime minister of Pakistan?
Ans: LIYAGATH ALI KHAN
14) In Indiahow much time before election activities are stopped during pollingsession?
15)Whose name was AGNES GONHA BOJAXHIU?
16)What is the meaning of “MICCADO”in Japanese?
Ans:The Great King
17) What is the Acronym of SEBISecurity & Exchange Board of INDIA
18) ETYMOLOGYà Orgin of Words
19) GLAUCOMAa disease which occurs in EYE:
20) Who is the Father of TURKEY
Ans: KAMAL BASHA
21) COPRA ::: Consumer Protection Act
22) In which year The first Olympic was started?
23) Which country was gone first in Olympic Opening ceremony?
24) What is the Standard distance of the Marathon in Olympic?
Ans: 26 miles, 380 yards
25) Who was the first man to host the INDIANflagin Red Fort after getting Freedom?
Ans: LORD MOUNT BATTEN
26) FELONY à A cruel crime
27) Which nation has AK 47 in their Flag?
28) Bhaghat singh was killed in 1931,Jallianwalabagh Massacre::1919
29) Nehru was studied in CambridgeUniversity.
30) MSDOSàMICROSOFT DISK OPERATING SYSTEM.
31) ‘C’was developed by ”DENNIS RITCHIE”in AT&T’S BELL LAB AT USA.
32) Which was the parliament that has the largest members in the world?
Ans: CHINA (3000)
33) Father of “ENGLISH POEM”à”Geoffrey Chaucer”
Father of “ENGLISH NOVEL” à”Gauvanni Boccacio”
Father of “ENGLISH MODEL DRAMA”à”Henrick Gibson”
35) Founders of following Organization:
RED CROSSàHENRY DUNANTHe was the first winner of noble prize for peace
ROTARY CLUBàPAUL HENRY (1905)
LION’S CLUBàMELVIN JONES (1917)
36) Who are the authors & publishers of GUINESS WORLD RECORDS ?
Ans: NORRIS MCWHIRTER & ROSS MCWHIRTER IN1954
37)AUIRLOPHOBIAmeans àFEAR ABOUT CATS
38)Who wrote the song Happy Birthday to U?
Ans: Mildred & Patty Hill
39) Who discovered the compact disc?
Ans: James Russel in 1965
40) Who was the inventor of World Wide Web?
Ans: Tim Berners Lee in 1991
41) Who was the inventor of E-mail?
Ans: Ray Tomlinson in 1971
42) C++was developed byàBjarne Stroustrop
43) JAVAwas developed byàJames Gosling
44) UNIXwas developed by àDennis Ritchie & Ken Thompson
45)Which was the capital of US before Washington D.C?
45)Which is the place where the battle b/w good&evil will took place represented in BIBLE ?
46) In the Mahabharatha,What was Bheeshma’s name before he got the name?
47) Who was the first bowler to take 300 test wickets?
48)In the Hebrew Bible ,which three poetic books make up the Ketuvin?
49)Who won six straight Wimbledonsingles between 1982 and 1987?
50)Olympicsthe name was come from the ancient Greece sport Olympiad which was held during four years gap