Click the image to enlarge…
This circuit could be used for replacing your manual volume control in a stereo amplifier. In this circuit, push-to-on switch S1 controls the forward (volume increase) operation of both channels while a similar switch S2 controls reverse (volume decrease) operation of both channels.
A readily available IC from Dallas semiconductor, DS1669 is used here.
- Replaces mechanical variable resistors
- Electronic interface provided for digital as well as manual control
- Wide differential input voltage range between 4.5 and 8 volts
- Wiper position is maintained in the absence of power
- Low-cost alternative to mechanical controls
- Applications include volume, tone, contrast,brightness, and dimmer control
The circuit is extremely simple and compact requiring very few external components.
The power supply can vary from 4.5V to 8V.